‘Tis the season for the winter concert

Monte Vista choir is well known for spreading holiday cheer thanks to  its annual Winter Concert. The Winter Concert is one of the most significant times of the year during the holiday season.

The concert will be held Thursday December 18th and Friday the 19th. Tickets sell out quickly since the Winter Concert is the most popular concert the choir puts on.

Many look forward to the yearly concert and are grateful that it’s been a tradition for the following years.

Senior Madeline Auman who is a part of Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, enjoys the tradition of having a Winter Concert.

“I love the traditions we have done for years and how everyone is so familiar with it,” Auman said.

The Winter Concert is greatly recognized for bringing many people in the community together and has repeatedly had great success for many years. The concert has brought together students, alumni, and families in the Danville community.

Sophomore Maren Fleming who is a part of the Treble Aires, has friends of her own from different schools that hear the Winter Concert is a must see.

“It’s really cool that people from different schools come to watch the concert, I have friends from San Ramon that hear our winter concert is really good,” sophomore Maren Fleming said.

The Winter Concert provides its guests with a series of classical holiday songs along with its most memorable song “Silent Night.” During “Silent Night,” candles are lit in order to provide and emotional atmosphere in the audience.

The song is well known for bringing many to tears, and has often left the audience speechless.

“It’s very emotional and always a great way to end the concert,” Fleming said.

This year, the concert will be singing more songs compared to previous years and will even have some comical performances. Choir director, Bruce Koliha will present a variety of his favorite songs to celebrate his last year directing the winter concert.

Choir students are looking forward to be a part of one of the most memorable concerts of the year.

Junior Kayle Bain who is in Concert Choir, Chamber Singers, and Beauty Shop, will greatly appreciate Mr. Koliha’s last Winter Concert.

“It makes me that that it’s his last year and he’s a great teacher because of all his experience, and he can really make every choir sound the best they can,” Bain said.