Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

The main character played by Felicity Jones, is an orphan known for having a rogue streak.

Taylor Ziegenfus, Staff Writer

“Star Wars” enthusiasts everywhere wait in anticipation for the release of Disney’s newest galactic film: “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”.

39 years ago, “Star Wars, Episode IV – A New Hope” was released. Now, on December 16, 2016, Disney is releasing a prequel to that film.

As all “Star Wars” fans know, Princess Leia hides the plans for the Death Star within the droid R2-D2. What is never mentioned is how Leia gets the plans in the first place; and so, the plot of “Rogue One” strives to answer this mystery.

Sophomore and “Star Wars” fan Audrey Myers is curious to see how Rogue One will bridge the gap between the third and fourth “Star Wars” movies.

“At the start of “A New Hope” it talks about how rebel forces have already stolen the plans for the Death Star,” Myers said. “But you never see how it happens, so it’ll be cool to see how they did it.”

Although this new film will be related to the previous seven others made before it, it will not be directly connected.

The question is, how good will this new movie be?

With Disney now franchising “Star Wars”, it may not be the classics “Star Wars” fans have come to love.

“I feel like Disney has done an amazing job of staying with the original feel of the series ” Myers said. “They haven’t completely branded Disney all over it.”

Despite eagerness for the movie to be released, “Star Wars” fans will have to wait another month before they can see Disney’s Rogue One.