The student news site of Monte Vista High School

The Stampede

Steph Curry? Is that you?

Katie Kim, Staff Writer

This past November, reigning NBA MVP and Warriors’ star Steph Curry purchased a house in Walnut Creek for $3.2 million, creating quite a bit of buzz among the local crowd.

Don’t try to hide it, we’ve all looked up their house address to see if there’s a chance that we might be actual neighbors. However our dreams died fast as we realized that going over to their house for a Super Bowl party wasn’t going to be happening anytime soon.

Yet with the Curry family as our new neighbors, the chances of running into the Warrior’s player himself, his wife Ayesha, or maybe even the adorable Riley, around town have increased greatly, and it’s already started happening to some of our very own Monte Vista students and staff.

Few students have shared their stories of running into Ayesha Curry while she was out shopping for groceries and other necessities.

“While checking out in Whole Foods I saw a woman that looked exactly like Ayesha Curry,” Rovner said. “I told my mom I was going to walk over there to look, and low and behold it was her.”

Ayesha is just like any other mother and wife, so when she’s not cooking up something good or taking care of her family, she does what everybody else does.

“Ayesha is so humble and down to earth from how she dressed super casual and not all ‘done up’ to just go grocery shopping,” Rovner said.

Ayesha Curry has also been spotted in Target shopping around. Senior, Alex Ghafouri was lucky enough to get a picture with her before she left the store.

“Well my brother and I were walking around Target and my brother saw her and he calmly tried to point her out,” Ghafouri said.

“We asked for some pictures,” Ghafouri said. “I went for the selfie route and got a snazzy photo with Ayesha.”

English teacher, Ms. Little spotted Mrs. Curry in the Walnut Creek Target as well.

As much as well all want to claim the Currys are our new neighbors, former Monte Vista AVID teacher Nicole Main can actually claim this as she can see his house from her back balcony.

Steph Curry hasn’t been seen as much as his wife has. Which is expected since he spends his time training with the team and traveling across the country.

1 Comment

One Response to “Steph Curry? Is that you?”

1. Mike on August 25th, 2016 8:07 pm

Currys dont actually live in walnut creek they moved to
    115 stephanie lane alamo

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

A&E

A club that embraces culture

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

A&E

Monte Vista harmonized with local schools at the Area Band Festival

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

MV Spotlight

Little Rock 9 member speaks at MV

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

Op/Ed

Sharing is (not always) caring

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

Feature

Mustangs march for equality and rights

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

Reviews

REVIEW – MV Student Center drinks

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

News

FDA approves treatment for SMA

• News

A tribute

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

News

Is California’s Drought finally coming to an end?

• Steph Curry? Is that you?

News

Big boy storm puts CA out of drought

Steph Curry? Is that you?