San Ramon student injured on Green Valley road

Samantha Teshima, Managing Editor

According to updates posted on Facebook, the San Ramon student injured last week on Green Valley Road will be undergoing numerous procedures to begin repairing the injuries he has suffered.

Evan Luc Plihon of Alamo, 14, collided with an automobile near Hope Lane on Green Valley Road on Wednesday afternoon.

The extent of his injuries are not known at this time.

“Today the doctors are planning to do various procedures,” the Facebook page, Evan Luc Strong, says. “The fact that they can do them is progress and means we start on the very long road to recovery… They are assembling a team of top surgeons for this procedure. The surgery is currently planned for this coming Thursday.”

There is a prayer meeting being held Wednesday night at Rolling Hills Church in Danville, near the site of the accident. His family has expressed their gratitude for the outpouring of support they have received.

On Friday, MV Leadership arranged a get well card for all students to sign, it was delivered to his home that evening. His brother later Tweeted a “thank you” to Monte Vista students for the card.

His friends and family have to taken to Twitter with updates on his condition and appreciation for the ongoing support.

According the the Facebook page, Plihon was transported via medical helicopter–CalStar aircraft to the Oakland Children’s Hospital after the paramedics were called to the scene of the accident.

The helicopter landed nearby the site of the accident at Monte Vista High School. A few Monte Vista students with after school sports practice noticed the helicopter.

Students from Monte Vista were shocked and saddened by the news.

“I was shocked because I have a fourteen year old brother who loves to bike as well and I just put myself in the situation because I know he [Luc] has an older brother,” senior Agustina Perez Blua said. “I went home and told my brother ‘please be careful next time you bike’ and I just prayed for him [Plihon]. I hope he’s okay and that his family is okay as well.”

In support of Plihon’s recovery, many Monte Vista and San Ramon students wore blue the following school day.

“I thought it was really scary, especially us with younger siblings who do enjoy biking or whose younger siblings like to bike,” senior Sarah Jackson said. “It’s just a scary thought that it could’ve been one of them and we just all are hoping that Evan Luc is okay. I’m all decked out in blue for him.”